Can I Buy A Habitat Home? Easy Qualification Requirements.
Basic qualifications for Cleveland County Habitat for Humanity’s home and purchase program include:
Hard-working adults who earn between $33,000 – $78,550 per year, depending on the size of your family, you may qualify for a Habitat home. The Average monthly mortgage payment on a Habitat home is $800.
- NEED – Are you living in substandard, inadequate, or overcrowded housing, or otherwise able to demonstrate a need for the Habitat program?
- ABILITY TO PAY – Are you able and willing to make regular monthly mortgage payments on your new home? Take a look at our income requirements below. The amount shown is the maximum combined household income limit.
- You must also be head of a household. A household may be a couple or a single person, with or without children.
- You must be willing and able to participate in financial planning and budgeting workshops and other required training sessions. These sessions will be applied to your sweat equity.
- You must be willing to live in and become an active part of a neighborhood where Cleveland County Habitat is building homes.
- We check credit. It does not have to be perfect, but it does matter. We look for at least one year of stable rent and utility payments in an applicant’s name, and at least one year of stable work history.
Building houses, creating homes.
Choose Your Colors
Habitat homes are built with you in mind and during the planning process, you can choose your palette.
Choose Your Flooring
We offer a wide selection of flooring so you can select the right option for your new home.
Choose Your Countertops
Choose the perfect backdrop for many homemade meals with our extensive countertop design options.
Habitat Home Highlights
Easy Qualification Requirements
Become a Habitat Homeowner
Step 1: Get Qualified
Basic qualifications Central Oklahoma Habitat’s home purchase program include:
Are you living in substandard, inadequate, or overcrowded housing, or otherwise able to demonstrate a need for the Habitat program?
Ability To Pay
Are you able and willing to make regular monthly mortgage payments on your new home? Take a look at our income requirements below. The amount shown is the maximum combined household income limit.
Step 2: Partner Up
What do you have to do besides make payments? Central Oklahoma Habitat for Humanity requires a commitment from the homebuyer to become a partner and work alongside volunteers. Are you willing and able to do the following:
- Help Build Homes
- Attend Homeownership Classes
- Join a Homeowners Association
- Attend Events and Be Photographed
- Be a Good Citizen
- Ask Questions
- Understand the Limitations to Selling Your Habitat Home
Step 3: Understand The Selection Process
Once your application has been submitted and approved, it takes up to a year to move into your new Central Oklahoma Habitat home. Here is the process we follow:
- Application Submission
- Ability to Pay
- Bank Pre-Approval
- Sweat Equity Meeting
- Construction Meeting
Step 4: Go To Class
We're with you every step of the way.
Complete and submit a new home application to be considered for a Habitat home.
How will you contribute?
We couldn’t fulfill our mission without the help of our generous volunteers.
Become part of the energy that powers our drive toward a world where everyone has a decent place to live today!